One of the directors of the MIH Electronic Media Laboratory at Stellenbosch University is Prof Gert-Jan van Rooyen. He is a Senior Lecturer in Telecommunications and Signal Processing at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
His responsibilities in the Electronic Media Laboratory are the following:
- Managing the long-term objectives and research direction of the Laboratory;
- managing the interaction between Stellenbosch University and MIH Holdings;
- managing the research contract, to ensure that Stellenbosch University fulfils its contractual obligations, and that the research contract is maintained and renewed in a timely manner;
- managing the overall research budget and financial management of the Laboratory;
- managing the the administration of the laboratory inside the broader University administration, through interaction with the management of the faculties that are involved in the project, with the Research Management Division of the University and with the Financial Administration Division of the University; and
- managing the promotion of the Laboratory through contact with researchers at Stellenbosch and at other universities, and by managing all media liaisons.
Contact informationE315, Dept. E&E Engineering Stellenbosch University Private Bag X1 MATIELAND, 7602 Telephone: +27-(0)21-808-3805
Fax: +27-(0)21-808-3951GPG Public Key
Home: gvrooyen.com My contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org